Statucor can assist with the formation of a company. We will consult and guide you on the type of company that will typically suit the objectives of the company.
There are five types of companies that you can register.
- Private Company – any business whose purpose is to make a profit however wishes to restrict the transferability of the shares
- Public Company – usually used when a company intends to list on the stock exchange or to offer shares to the public
- Non-Profit Company – churches, charity organisations
- Incorporated Company – association of professionals such as lawyers, doctors, civil engineers etc, may be registered as a personal liability company.
- External branch – A foreign or external company is a company incorporated outside of South Africa, irrespective of whether it is a profit or non-profit company or
carrying on business in South Africa.
In terms of the Companies Act, 2008, a company may be registered with or without a company name. When a company is registered without a reserved name, its registration number automatically becomes the company name. This is the quickest way to register a company.